Hey, Follow Me

Sunday, March 30, 2014

week thirteen: no-sew 5 min. fabric flower tutorial


(side note: I had this all typed up and ready to go yesterday, but forgot to publish it...whoops)

Don't you just hate when your favorite pair of shoes gets holes in them? I do.. I threw away a pair of toms a few years ago and hated that I did that after I saw many times on Pinterest that people had brought new life to their beloved toms. So I set out to do just that... a few months ago I revamped my favorite pair of toms and ever since then, numerous people have commented on them. I thought I'd share my secret since they're so easy to make!! And I guess if you'd rather not revamp them yourself, I will for $15. All it takes is some scrap fabric, ribbon/lace, a few pearls and a hot glue gun.



These fabric flowers are super easy to make and take less than 5 minutes. 
Cut a 2 in. strip of fabric with rotary cutter. Rotary cutters are so good about making every cut precise.  
Begin twisting fabric and forming a circular shape.  You'll have to hold it together with your thumb.  Once it gets about an inch wide, you can start hot gluing in different spots as you roll to hold it together.  WARNING: it is very easy to get glue gun burns at this point.  but then again, no pain, no gain.
Make fabric flower as big as you'd like. If you have excess material, just cut off and glue end to back.  I started with about a yard long, 2 inch wide strip to get this size flower.
Hot glue a fabric circle to back of flower
You can either hot glue a pin to back or directly hot glue to shoes, headband, etc.  

Add pearls and you're done!   Buttons also look cute on them!


Linking up with:
Monday Funday

No comments:

Post a Comment