Hey, Follow Me

Monday, February 17, 2014

week eight: all my friends are having babies...


and if i'm being honest, i'm ready for people to stop asking when we will too. When we do, you will know and you can celebrate with us. Until then, please just enjoy us baby-free.  I really do love babies and I'm so excited to have so many friends that are having so many little ones.  Its such a blessing to be able to celebrate and pray over them. I've also been able to make most of their gifts.(That's been more of a priority this year.) This weekend I had 2 baby showers, so you can imagine my busyness. I set out with a plan to spread projects throughout the week, but honestly most of it got done Saturday morning before the 1st shower.  Now my house needs to be cleaned..lol. Such is life.

For Brittany's baby, Zander Ki:
I made an alphabet print, a nursery door latch cover, 2 onesies, and a pretty sweet pillow.
For Megan's baby, (surprise name):
I made an alphabet print, a nursery door latch cover, a onesie, a tag blanket, and some framed art.
Last week in review:
Obsessed with this detail on the arrows!  
Finished pillow
In the middle of this, I also decided to make a valentine shirt to wear to our party on Friday.
We nixed the moustache due to awkward placement.  


I ended up using the left over moustache for this onesie. Turned out pretty cute!  

This was super fun! I'll definitely be doing more of these!  So easy too! 

I tried my hand at tag blankets using a chip wrapper for the crinkle effect.
Definitely need to work on this some more. 

How fun is this outfit I found at 1st Monday for 50% off!  Too cute to pass up!  

I found this awesome tutorial here for the nursery door cover.
And then I made some of my own, along with a tag showing them what they were for.  Honestly, they were the hit of the party. Everyone loved them and the best part is that they're such an easy and practical gift!  


And I got inspiration for alphabet print via C.R.A.F.T. and this photo here.

Since I didn't post last week, you will be getting 2 posts this week.  However, the post on Thursday is to inform you about a break from social media.  I will have more of an explanation on Thursday as to why I'm doing this.  But in the meantime, make sure you subscribe to the blog because I won't be posting updates on social media.  I will still do email and the blog until Easter.

Also, since you made it to the end of this blog post, enjoy this wonderful video!  Happy Monday, friends!  Praise Jesus its over!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment